Friday, 3 October 2008

Well someone has to do some work.....


While 4 bloggers in Edinburgh have been having an ecumenical blogfest, over the last few days (generally involving drinking, eating out and shopping) it has been left to muggins here to do some work. I was also in Edinburgh this afternoon at the Gillis Centre at our S6 retreat trying to inspire them to get involved in the faith life of the school, both liturgical and 'practical Christianity' - i.e. Pro Life group, Charity group etc. As part of the session I built some lectio in, both to help them reflect on how they could be involved and to make them aware of this valuable practice.

Got the train home, but popped into OSP, where I was baptised, and then the Cathedral. I'm told there is a Bookshop in the Cathedral, but in double figures of visits since it opened , I've never managed to get it or the Cafe open!

6 comments:

Mark said...

Oopsie. Well, you can always come along!

I will try to reply to your email soon. Things are hectic here.

berenike said...

you should leave a note for Seraphic, i'd bet she'd love to have the chance of have more fodder for her wacky novels :-) (her writing ability is spooky)

Are you in West Lothian? (why do I think you might be? I can't remember)

Mark said...

Yes, are you in West Lothian? (I am, postally, but not otherwise.)

The Cellarer said...

Berenike / Mark

No, I work in Falkirk and live in Stirling.

I'm in the same boat as you Mark, life is completely hectic - a newborn and the older two both under 4! Wouldn't change it though!

Mark said...

ah, okay. Well, despite it being far too early for "send off" drinks, I say we should meet for a pint one day. :D

The Cellarer said...

Mark.

Absolutely. I'm through at Gilles on 'official business' from time to time so will see if you are avaliable on one of these occasions