Monday, 24 November 2008

Many opting to keep Down's babies




More Down's syndrome babies are being born than before pre-natal screening became widespread, figures show.

The UK saw 749 Down's births in 2006, up from 717 in 1989 when tests came in.


Typical BBC anti life slant follows

The Down's Syndrome Association surveyed 1,000 parents to find out why they had pressed ahead with a pregnancy despite a positive test result.


See article for positive stuff from parents such as

One respondent said: "I don't subscribe to the notion of the 'perfect human being' and found the idea of selecting one child in preference to another abhorrent."

Another said: "I already felt a strong sense of responsibility for my unborn child and knew that I would love it and want it regardless of any additional needs it might have. I knew I could count on friends and family for support."

No comments: